Sunday, November 7, 2010

"I'm afraid that if you look at a thing long enough, it loses all of its meaning"

make it different, make it modern, make it new - do it cheaply 
Andy Warhol. One of a kind. 
This world will never ever see a man again of his demeanor, mesmerising talent, avant-garde film-making, honesty and creative openness. He had an amazing ability to create a world of continual insanity within a factory, whilst still always being able to be taken seriously as a professional. He brought honesty to a whole new level. He revolutionised the art world. Pop art is never going to fade, nor would it of ever been invented was it not for Warhol. 
He loved the rich and famous, but loved the crazy more. His social networks were full of developed intellectuals, bohemith free-spirits and people that could be described as nothing short of interesting. Nico, Joe Dallensandro, Edie Sedwick, Viva, Ultra Violet, Holly Woodlawn and Jackie Curtis. Look these names up in google and Warhols name will be right along side, yet you will discover more interesting chapters of human lives that will take you hours to explore and leave you inspired. 
His famous quotes portray what makes this man exquisitely intriguing. Enjoy them. Think about them. but don't think too hard, or the beauty in them will cease to exist. 
"Don't pay any attention to what they write about you. Just measure it in inches"

 "Dying is the most embarrassing thing that can ever happen to you, because someone's got to take care of all your details" 
"I never understood why when you died, you didn't just vanish, everything could just keep going on the way it was only you just wouldn't be there. I always thought I'd like my own tombstone to be blank. No epitaph, and no name. Well, actually, I'd like it to say 'figment.' "
"Fantasy love is much better than reality love. Never doing it is very exciting. The most exciting attractions are between two opposites that never meet" 

"I have Social Disease. I have to go out every night. If I stay home one night I start spreading rumors to my dogs" 



"I'm bored with that line. I never use it anymore. My new line is "In 15 minutes everybody will be famous" 

"I'm the type who'd be happy not going anywhere as long as I was sure I knew exactly what was happening at the places I wasn't going to. I'm the type who'd like to sit home and watch every party that I'm invited to on a monitor in my bedroom" 

"Since people are going to be living longer and getting older, they'll just have to learn how to be babies longer"

"Sex is more exciting on the screen and between the pages than between the sheets" 

"I've decided something: Commercial things really do stink. As soon as it becomes commercial for a mass market it really stinks"

"During the 1960s, I think, people forgot what emotions were supposed to be. And I don't think they've ever remembered"


"I had a lot of dates but I decided to stay home and dye my eyebrows"

"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want to own"

No comments:

Post a Comment